Our venue has secured the much sought-after AIM accreditation from the Meetings Industry Association (mia).
The Cambridge Union Society has achieved entry status from the UK's nationally recognised standard for service providers in the meetings, conferences and events industry, after a panel of independent assessors scrutinised the venue against a robust checklist of criteria. The process includes legal compliance, accessibility and quality checks of our facilities as well as our customer service proposition and experience, ethical codes of conduct and best practise standards.
Joe, General Manager, said: 'It's a fantastic testament to the highly experienced and dedicated team that we have secured national AIM accreditation as it provides buyers a benchmark of the highest standard. We appreciated that it can sometimes be overwhelming as there as so many things to consider when planning an event from location to catering, photography, speakers, delegates and marketing. However, with our AIM accreditation, buyers can immediately feel confident they are working with dedicated and experienced professionals.'
Jane Longhurst, Chief Executive, the mia said: 'We're delighted that The Cambridge Union Society is the latest venue to secure entry AIM accreditation. The iconic status acts as a guarantee to buyer that they're choosing a service provider that cares about best practise and actively strives to meet and exceed your expectations. With so many dedicated conferences centres and hotels, sporting and academic venues to choose from nationwide, it offers a smart method to quality control your selections that could ultimately save you time, anxiety and reputational risk later down the line.'
About the mia
The mia is one of the fastest growing associations in the conference, meetings and events sector, founded by a proactive group of hotel and conference centre operators and booking agents to lead the conference, meetings and events industry, providing accreditation, industry awards, research and a voice to government.
The mia supports members by:
- Providing extensive regional networking opportunities on a monthly basis.
- Helping them to achieve the highest standards of facilities and service through achievement of AIM, the industry standard of quality and excellence.
- Providing a library of best practise and quality standards guidelines.
- Promoting AIM to industry buyers.
- Delivering tangible benefits which support members in the achievement of their own business goals.
- By the provision of information, education, research and advice all of which lead to improved business performance.
- By sharing issues of sector importance with them.
- By raising the profile of business tourism with government.